Not Under the Law
How easily we could prevent confusion if we accepted exactly what the Bible says. Paul gives his own explanation of his statement. After stating that we are not under the law but under grace, he asks, “What then?” This simply means, “How are we to understand this?” Then notice his answer. In anticipation that some will construe his words to mean that you can break the law because you are under grace, he says, “Shall we sin (break the law) because we are not under the law but under grace? God forbid.” In the strongest possible language Paul states that being under grace does not give a license to break the law. Yet this is exactly what millions believe today, and they totally ignore Paul’s specific warning.
Download the book (a 30 pages small book) - pdf (516kb)
Download the book in Bahasa (will available soon)
Read the book from Amazing Facts website: English or Bahasa (translated by google)
From Sabbath to Sunday: A Historical Investigation of the Rise of Sunday Observance in Early Christianity
Order this book online--click here
How did the change come about from Saturday to Sunday in early Christianity? To find an answer to this question Dr. Samuele Bacchiocchi spent five years at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome, examining the most ancient documents available.
The results of this investigation are presented in From Sabbath to Sunday, which is a translation and an adaptation of his Italian doctoral dissertation, presented at and published by the Pontifical Gregorian University Press.
The investigation establishes that the change from Saturday to Sunday began approximately one century after the death of Christ, as a result of an interplay of political, social, pagan and Christian factors. The change in the day of rest and worship was not merely a change of names or of numbers, but rather a change of meaning, authority and experience. Essentially it was a change from a Holy Day into a holiday.
From Sabbath to Sunday has the distinction of being the first book written by a non-Catholic ever to be published by a Pontifical press with the Catholic imprimatur (approval). The book has already been reprinted fourteen times in English and has been translated in several languages. Hundreds of scholars of different persuasions have praised this book as a definitive treatment of the early history of the Lord’s Day.
HOW THE SABBATH WAS CHANGED?
Catholic Church Admits They Made the Change
(A Letter to the Pope, original letter download)
Thomaston, Georgia May 22, 1934
Pope Pius XI Rome, Italy
Is the accusation true, that Protestant's accuse you of? They say you changed the seventh' day Sabbath to the, so called, Christian Sunday; identical with the first day of the week. If so, when did you make the change and by what authority?
Yours truly, (Signed) J. L. Day
THE CATHOLIC EXTENSION MAGAZINE (The largest Catholic Magazine published in USA) 180 Wabash Avenue, Chicago, Illinois (Under the blessing of Pope Pius XI)
Regarding the change from the observance of the Jewish Sabbath to the Christian Sunday, I wish to draw your attention to the facts:
(1) That Protestants, who accept the Bible as the only rule of faith and religion, should by all means go back to the observance of the Sabbath. The fact that they do not, but on the contrary observe the Sunday, stultifies them in the eyes of every thinking man.
(2) We Catholics do not accept the Bible as the only rule of faith. Besides the Bible we have the living Church, the authority of the Church, as a rule to guide us. We say this Church, instituted by Christ, to teach and guide men through life, has the right to change the Ceremonial laws of the Old Testament and hence, we accept her change of the Sabbath to the Sunday. We frankly say, "Yes, the Church made this change, made this law, as she made many other laws, for instance, the Friday Abstinence, the unmarried priesthood, the laws concerning mixed marriages, the regulation of Catholic marriages, and a thousand other laws."
(3) We also say that of all Protestants, the Seventh-day Adventist are the only group that reason correctly and are consistent with their teachings. It is always somewhat laughable to see the Protestant Churches, in pulpit and legislature, demand the observance of Sunday, of which there is nothing in the Bible.
Mr. James L. Day first heard the teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church at an evangelistic meeting in Thomaston, Georgia in 1934. Upon hearing the sermon on the change of the Sabbath he was greatly perplexed and thought the way to find out for himself the truth of the matter was to write to the Pope.
This letter was written by Mr. Day personally, upon his own initiative, to Pope Pius XI, who was then the ruling Pope of the Catholic Church. He said he waited thirty days for a reply and then received this letter from the editor of THE CATHOLIC EXTENSION, which is printed under Mr. Day's letter. The Pope had sent Mr. Day's letter to Mr. Tramer, who was editor of the Question Box of this magazine, for reply. The answer was sent under the blessing of the pope.
Luke 4:16,31 (16)"And He (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up: and, as his custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (31) Then He went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and was teaching them on the Sabbaths.
Read carefully what is done by the "Little Horn"
(1) he (the little horn) shall speak great words against the most High, and
(2) shall wear out the saints of the most High, and
(3) think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time".
Please underline "change times and laws", the little horn has been changed times and laws the day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday which is not in the Scripture from Genesis to Revelation. Read carefully the History and Facts below so that we may be aware of this thing and decide whether we follow men OR Jesus Christ our.
Click below link to start read the Important Confessions by Christians Denomination6.THE TWELVE REASONS GIVEN FOR SUNDAY WORSHIP EXAMINED
Adapted from Why God Said Remember by Joe Crews.
Part of Satan’s strategy to destroy humanity’s trust in God has been to attack His claim as the Creator. Obviously, the theory of evolution is part of this deceptive and soul-destroying effort. With its amoral humanistic emphasis, Darwin’s doctrine has turned millions into religious skeptics and enshrouded in darkness their need for the Savior.
Yet while many Christians rightly denounce this unscientific belief, ironically, many are still falling into the devil’s trap of denying God’s sovereignty over the earth. That trap is the ages-long effort to twist and destroy the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath.
Through Satan’s false information and man’s trust in traditions over the sure word of Scripture, millions of Christians have been led to discount or even reject the importance of observing the Sabbath. “The seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord: … in it thou shalt not do any work” (Exodus 20:10). No one disagrees with the clear meaning of this text, yet millions are finding ways not to follow it.
Why? The general Bible ignorance of the church and the clever arguments of Satan have created a climate of prejudice against the holiness of the seventh day in favor of the observance of Sunday. So in the interest of promoting God’s law over the theories of men, let’s take a moment to rediscover some amazing facts about the seventh-day Sabbath.
Fact #1: The Seventh-day Sabbath Establishes God’s Sovereignty
Why does Satan hate the Sabbath so much? Because the Sabbath identifies the true God and His claim of ultimate sovereignty.
The Final Events of Bible Prophecy by Amazing Facts
2 Timothy 4:7,8
(7) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
(8) Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
WATCHING 3ABN BROADCASTING ON YOUTUBE HERE (SUBTITLE IN BAHASA)
#1. The Ten Commandments by Jim Gilley 3ABN (Subtitle/Teks in Bahasa Indonesia) 1 of 5
#1. 1/5 What and Where Is Hell by Pr. John Carter - 3ABN (Subtitle/Teks in Bahasa Indonesia)